SEO and Analytics Specialist
Spring Insight, a small website strategy and marketing firm based in Bethesda, Maryland, seeks a SEO and Analytics Specialist to join our team and help keep our organization running smoothly.
This position is a part-time, independent contractor position, with an estimated weekly time commitment of 5 to 10 hours. (The time commitment is likely to grow to up to 20 hours per week.)
For the right, self-motivated candidate, this position could be done virtually anywhere in the United States. While work time is flexible, the position is required to be regularly available for meetings and to conduct work during standard Eastern work hours.
- Develop and execute SEO and content marketing strategies around client’s goals
- Create in-depth reports that paint the story of results
- Ensure that the client understands SEO strategies (AKA do they know why we’re doing what we’re doing)
- Communicate gaps in SEO strategies and processes to leadership to continue the growth and improvement of the team
- Work directly with the marketing team and clients to improve client metrics and conversions through primarily organic marketing campaigns.
- Track and communicate analytics to identify trends as well as growth and improvement opportunities.
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine optimization
- Perform ongoing keyword research discovery and expansion
- Research and implement content recommendations for organic SEO success through content briefs
- Work closely with copywriter to drive SEO in content creation
- Recommend and implement changes to website architecture, content, link, and other factors to improve SEO positions for targeted keywords
- Identify creative and appropriate audience acquisition opportunities (guest blogging, webinars, etc.) for clients geared toward their specific niches
- Stay on top of ever-changing best practices in the SEO and website development industries
- Work directly with clients (both via meetings and email communications) on the execution and completion of deliverables.
- Participate in weekly team and monthly team meetings as well as client calls.
- 2 - 3 years experience in successfully developing and executing SEO campaigns
- Strong and proven background in onpage SEO, local SEO, and content marketing
- Strong and proven background in performance marketing, conversion, and customer acquisition
- Solid understanding of keyword research, competitive analysis, and website auditing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex concepts to both clients and team members
- Ability to prioritize work and manage deadlines
- Experience working with a variety of brands and clients
- Up-to-date knowledge in SEO and UX best practices
- Knowledge of Google Adwords and social media paid campaigns is a plus
- Previous copywriting experience is a plus
- In-depth experience with the following tools:
- SEMrush or a similar SEO tool
- Google Analytics (GA4 Knowledge is a plus!)
- Screaming Frog
- Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Project management software such as Airtable
- A great (and somewhat snarky) sense of humor
If you are interested, send Erika (firstname.lastname@example.org) an email telling me why you think you would be great for this position and a resume. Generic cover letters and resumes sent without any accompanying letter will be printed and used to make paper airplanes (and not the really good paper airplanes but the sucky ones that don't fly but just sort of loop and fall).